Saturday 6 December 2014

The curious random run-ins continue ...

... and it's pretty obvious that I'm not a morning person. There I was, cycling to work through Regent's Park, minding my own business, when another cyclist pulled up next to me and called out, 'Good morning!'
Me, a little startled, called (in not the friendliest tone, admittedly) over the shoulder, 'Can I help you?' 
The cyclist pulled up again and said, 'I'm sorry, but I forgot your name.'
Huh? I hit the brakes to find out who's chasing me in order to get his memory refreshed, then replied, 'Stella.'
'Ah, yes, Stella. Of course. This is Biscuit.'

Looking a tad uncomfortable there lol
And with that I was awake. Of course I know Biscuit, I even conversed with its owner quite a few times, he's a regular visitor of this blog and a proud Viscount--the above mentioned green Biscuit. All morning grumpiness was replaced by sheer excitement; what a thrill to meet another rider and Viscount family member. The strange thing, though, is that he's not even from London. See, London's a big city, randomly running into someone like this is quite an achievement, but running into someone you've only met online so far and that on your way to work is rather astonishing. This is the second time it happened to me; last time was a friend--Viscount owner, of course--from Staffordshire, who've I'd just met in person at the Death Fork Rally 2 and who's son's started uni here in London. So, yes, chances he'll come to London are great, but what are the odds he happens to drive past me on my way to work? 
Well, whatever the reason and weird constellation of stars, I always love those random run-ins. The one this morning made my day, and I told everyone at work about it (and earned quite a few head shakes). Why is it that nobody gets my Viscount fever? As many bikes I ride during the day, Viscounts or Lamberts always feel like 'home' to me.
Next time I'll hopefully give Biscuit a whirl. The bike has been done perfectly. Sorry for the bad light, but I didn't have too much time to find a better spot. 

But rather proud here, and rightly so!

2 comments:

  1. Lovely story. I think Viscounts do attract other Viscounts, like vintage bike shaped magnets...

    ReplyDelete