Monday 24 November 2014

1973 vs. 2014

I've said it for some time now: I'm determined to re-create the 1973's magazine cover picture of that woman sort of sitting on a Viscount. So today, when I went to see my friend Ben, I suddenly decided he could take a picture of me, since I was wearing boots and--what a surprise--riding my red flash. 

Please feel free to howl with laughter at my first (of many) attempt:


















I admit that I look somewhat hideous in the picture, purely because I appear more like a whale stuck in a frame than the elegant and gracious girl I aimed to achieve. Guess it's partly because that frame in the original advert is much larger. The background isn't ideal either. Gave me the giggles when I uploaded it and I'm always happy to share so you can have one, too.
Note to self: need to try harder.

2 comments:

  1. Have to admit, it really cracked me up! Really...a toilet in the background for a bike that for all intents and purpose got flushed down the toilet!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, no! That's a container, not a toilet, but the toilets are sort of behind that container. :-) Are you ever wondering what would have happened if Viscount/Lambert had had become a success story?

      Delete