Thursday 23 January 2014

A more detailed look at the Indy 500

I've taken more pictures of all the details on the bike. Just looking at the Simplex derailleur makes me want to keep it and not convert to a fixie. I'm really not sure. If you asked me: I think the modern derailleurs are just functional, whereas the old ones from the 70s/80s were also quite the lookers.
However, the bike needs a complete change of cables (inner and outer). I feel safer that way; have seen too many cases of 'snapped cables' in the shop. The last thing I want, when going down a hill, is something causing me having to brake hard and the cable gives. I'm literally having nightmares about that.
The seat post was a tiny bit difficult to move, but after a treatment with a Plus Gas equivalent, it's now moving. Getting it out, however, will be a tad hard.
So, here are the pictures of the whole bike. Did I mention that I like a challenge?














No comments:

Post a Comment